1. View our available dogs online and read through our adoption requirements below.
2. Complete the online application. We will respond within 48 hours to confirm receipt. We review applications in the order they are received until we find the best fit and then begin calling references. Processing an application may take a few days. Please only apply when you are ready to potentially adopt.
3. Tell your veterinarian and references that we will be contacting them.
4. Dogs are only available to meet by appointment once an application is approved. We will coordinate a time for the whole family to meet the dog at an adoption event or at a foster home. If a date is stated on an adoption profile, that is the earliest date the animal can be met.
5. If the meeting goes well, the final step is to complete the adoption contract and pay the adoption fee via cash, check or PayPal. We do not “hold” animals for any length of time.
Applicant must be 21 years old or older.
Applicant must be within driving distance of Hopkinton, MA.
Applicants must provide a vet reference, if applicable, to verify current animals are spayed/neutered, up to date on vaccinations, and receive monthly heartworm preventative.
Applicant must agree to not use shock, prong, or choke collars, or any similar devices on their adopted dog.
Applicant must agree to invest in positive reinforcement training with their adopted dog.
Applicants with children 5 years old or younger should include supervision, management and training plans in their application.
Dog Adoption Fees
What goes into an adoption fee?
Fecal exam and de-worming
No-slip martingale collar
Heartworm disease test*
Flea & tick treatment*
DHPP (distemper combo vaccine)